Hello beautiful people,
It is the end of October and we all know what that means right? HALLOWEEN! I am not a super fan of this holiday because I rarely find something nice to wear. But this time after like a month of thinking i came up with the idea to dress up as Lilo from Lilo & Stitch.
After getting the idea I thought it would be better if I shared it with all of you as an easy DIY costume, let’s begin!
You will need:
- Green felt fabric
- Bandeau, preferably red. Since mine was nude color I had to dye it red.
- Thread that matches the felt
- Sharpie or pen
- To begin after you got all of your materials what I did is that I drew a leaf. After, I folded the felt how many times I thought the scissors could cut. This way you don’t have to cut one by one and will save you a lot of time but don’t try to make it super think or else it will be extremely hard to cut.
2. I think this was the most difficult part for me because I wanted to place the leafs on the elastic in a way that it would look nice. So what I did is that I pleated the top of the leaf and then the tip was brought to the front and pinned to keep in place. You will sew the leaf in the exact part where the pin is but try to leave it a little bit loose to add volume.
3. Once you have been done sewing one of the leafs you can pace the elastic in the middle of this piece. This makes it way easier to make the skirt instead of having to sew it to the elastic. It should look like the image below.
4. Last part is the cuffs and crown which are very easy to make. I started by making small leafs and then making 2 pleats on them. After I make one pleat I join it by a thread as you can see below. I would recommend if you attach the crown to a head band. This will make it easier for you to use!
The final result should look like this!
I hope you have an incredible Halloween night and get a lot of candy!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media!